Thursday, September 22, 2011

Austin City Limits Festival 2011

Last minute I snatched up an extra ticket that my radical friend Anna had to Sunday's ACL festivities at Zilker Park in my lovely hometown of Austin, Texas! There was such a stellar line up it was hard to pick where I wanted to spend the majority of my time. If you haven't been to ACL before, I highly suggest adding it to your bucket list and then quickly crossing it off! If you aren't a big festival person then I'd suggest purchasing a one day ticket for the day that has the most artists you'd be interested in rocking out to. You can find ticket info on their website.  Here is how I spent my Sunday dancin' my pants off (not literally, but pretty close).

Live Music Capital of the World!
Awolnation crowd
  • Afterwards we turned our booty's right around to hear the amazingly raspy, manly voice of Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses
  • We really wanted to catch the dance party that Bomba Estereo puts on but it was time for a potty break, Nalgene water bottle fill up and FOOD! Luckily the stage where they were performing was close to the the port-a-thrones that we were able to have our own mini dance party while waiting in line. 
  • We decided to stay and hang out with our friends Matt and Katie to listen to a band they highly recommended, Elbow. New favorite song of the week "Grounds for Divorce". Absolutely amazeballs, the guitar and bass tickle my bones!! 
There's Matt and our dirty tootsies

  • Then it was time to head over to get a good dancing spot for Manu Chao. This band is a riot to see, if they are ever in your town I recommend checking them out!
  • We decided to wander around the park, beer up, check out the ART tent and catch a few songs of Hayes Carl and Empire of The Sun. 
  • Headlining on Sunday was Arcade Fire! I had the chance to reunite with several of my friends I used to work with at REI waaay back in the day; it brought back such great memories
All in all the festival was fantabulous! I ranted and raved so much to the hubs that next year he decided he wanted to go and see what all the "fuss" was about! 

Until next time...dance of pants off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment