Tuesday, November 29, 2011

d i y : my blingtastic heels

A couple of weeks ago my friend and I decided to make a trip to the local craft store where I came across a ONE POUND tub of rhinestones! One pound you say, what ever will you do with a pound of rhinestones?! I plan to put bling on anything and everything I can, that's what I will do with them! 
This is where one of my other DIY projects comes in - rhinestone covered, cobalt blue platform pumps! 

You will need one pair of simple platform heels. I found mine at Target for $30! 


E-6000 indsutrial strength glue and at least 150 rhinestones of various sizes.


These little chopstick looking things called 'rhinestone placement tool' makes it so much easier to pick up and place the rhinestones into the glue. 


Start in the corner and work your way across the top line of the platform and fill in. 



I covered the heel of mine also but didn't take a close up photo. You can sort of see it in this one below.




LeFoof

No comments:

Post a Comment